For a few short months in the mid 1920's Mirfield may have been on the verge of becoming one of the countries great motor
manufacturing towns. When the newly formed L.S.D. Motor Co. Ltd. started production of the 3 wheeled L.S.D. Cycle Car at its new premises at Nunbrook, Mirfield (near to the present John
Various forms of the car had been produced prior to this since 1919 under the brand name of L.S.D. by Sykes & Sugden the Huddersfield based electrical engineers.
The L.S.D. name being taken from the designer "Longbottom", manufacturer "Sykes" and accountant "Dyson".
L.S.D. also being the abbreviation for pre- decimal "Pounds, Shilling and
Pence" also no doubt suggesting affordable and value for money!